The Benefits of Silica Gel Desiccant Packetsadmin
Question: Hi, I’m looking to start a manufacturing business in the food and beverage sector. I’ve heard a lot about Silica Gel desiccant but am not quite sure about what it is and how it works. Could you briefly tell me about some of its benefits and whether I should use it or not?
Hi, thanks for the question.
Let’s start simple. You’re probably familiar with those little white sachets that come inside medicine boxes, packaged food items, and even shoes and purses.
These small pouches are called Silica gel desiccant packets, and they are used extensively in numerous sectors, ranging from the fashion to the pharmaceutical industries.
But what are Silica gel desiccant packets? And what are the benefits of using them? Let’s find out!
What is Silica gel packets?
Silica gel packets consist of small beads of silica xerogel—commonly known as silicon dioxide—which help keep moisture away from products, prolonging shelf life.
The Benefits of Silica Gel Desiccant Packets
Many consumer brands use silica gel packets in their product packaging to maintain quality and ensure that the products remain dry and fresh.
- Pharmaceutical processes: Silica gel is acidic, which makes it an excellent desiccant for several pharmaceutical processes, like the purification of amino acids and steroids.
- Chromatography: Due to the flexible structure polar adsorbent properties of Silica gel, it also facilitates Chromatography processes.
- Food storage: Silica gel packets can eliminate moisture and prolong the shelf life of a variety of processed food items.
- Lens protection: Silica gel helps keep moisture away from camera lenses in damp places, and is particularly useful when used underwater.
- Dehydrating breather: Silica gel serves as a dehydrating breather to avoid moisture build-up in electric transformers, which helps maintain the quality of the oil.
In a nutshell…
There are numerous and wide-ranging applications and benefits of Silica gel in numerous industries, even including the automobile, biochemical, electronic, garments, and other industries.
Should you use it?
Whether you should use Silica gel packets in your products or not depends on the type of food items that you’re planning on making. Food products like cereals, cat food, medicines, vitamins, and any item that can be affected by moisture should be packed with the desiccant packets like silica gel pouches to keep them fresh and increase their shelf life.
If you want to buy high-quality Silica gel in bulk quantity for your business, contact Sorbead India today!
If you want to buy online or get more details about our services, call us at +91-756-768-8877 or visit our website today!