Separating Oxygen from Nitrogenadmin
Molecular sieves are naturally occurring or synthetically made zeolites. They are used to dry and separate liquid and gas molecules based on their shapes and sizes.
The main types of molecular sieves include 3A, 4A, 5A, and 13X. Each of these types comes with a different pore size depending on the chemical formula of the molecule.
- 3A molecular sieves are used extensively in drying, separating, and purifying alkyne polar liquids.
- 4A molecular sieves purify, dry, and generate gases on the principle of surface adsorption.
- 5A molecular sieves are used mainly for packaging purposes due to their high adsorption capacity.
- 13X molecular sieves have a larger pore size than 3A, 4A, and 5A sieves and have various drying, purifying, and sweetening applications.
Molecular sieves that are used to separate oxygen from nitrogen are known as Carbon Molecular Sieves. Let’s take a deeper look at Carbon Molecular Sieves.
Carbon Molecular Sieves
Carbon Molecular Sieves (CMS) are extensively used in pressure swing adsorption systems for the generation of nitrogen. Pressure swing adsorption (PSA) is a process involving adsorption to separate and purify gases. CMS use activated carbon as a raw material in the PSA process to reach a porous nanostructure. After pressure is applied to the CMS, the solid surface of the structure captures oxygen molecules from the compressed air. The adsorption of oxygen molecules results in the production of nitrogen.
Carbon Molecular Sieves are used in various industries, including but not limited to the pharmaceutical, chemical, steel, and metal industries. Some of its applications are as follows:
- Used to dehydrate different types of substrates
- Allow selective hydrogenation of alkene mixtures
- Used in metal industries for aluminum laser cutting
- Used in modified atmosphere packaging
- Used in the packaging of meat and coffee
- Used to filter the hazardous gases in power plants
- Used for keeping fruits and vegetables fresh
- Used in the packaging and storage of perishable goods
Get Carbon Molecular Sieves from Sorbead India
We are known as the leading manufacturers and distributors of adsorbents and desiccants. Our carbon molecular sieves can help you yield the highest amounts of nitrogen. We provide high-quality carbon molecular sieves that can be used in almost all PSA systems.
Our other molecular sieves include 13X, 3A, 4A, and 5A molecular sieves. We also provide 100% pure molecular sieve powder of high quality and adsorption capacity.
Contact us now for more details about our products and services.