A Protection and Extension of Shelf Life for Food products.
Designed primarily to prolong the shelf life of food, OxySorb prevents the change of colour in the food products, stops oil in food from becoming rancid, and prevents the growth of oxygen-using aerobic microorganisms such as fungi.
Oxygen supports the growth of microorganisms and causes a change in colour and rancid odour in packaged foods. Oxygen absorbers absorb oxygen and effectively reduce the aerobic environment to 0% oxygen. Therefore, aerobic bacteria and fungi are unable to grow in such an environment. This process extends the shelf life of a food product drastically. The advantages of oxygen-absorbing sachets versus vacuum packaging are that the food products are not crushed or squeezed as some products are of high value and are fragile, and sachets are easy to use.
The type of packaging and the food bag/container seal are crucial for the oxygen absorber’s effectiveness. A minor packaging fault or leak can render the oxygen absorber, and the content inside the package may perish. Thus, a high barrier package (with a low oxygen transmission rate), such as our Mylar bags, and efficient seal techniques need to be employed. When used with proper packaging and sealing, the oxygen in the packaging is significantly reduced. OxySorb brings the oxygen level down reliably to .01% or less.
- Extends shelf life
- Prevents the growth of aerobic pathogens and spoilage organisms, including molds
- Eliminates the need for additives such as BHA, BHT, Sulphur dioxide, sorbets, benzoates etc
- Use with gas flushing/vacuum packaging to absorb virtually all oxygen and absorb any oxygen that may permeate the package.
- Significantly improves the keeping qualities of polyunsaturated fats and oils.
- Helps retain the fresh-roasted flavour of coffee and nuts.
- Prevents oxidation of spice oleoresins present in spices themselves and seasoned foods.
- Inhibits mold in natural cheeses and other fermented dairy products.
- Delays non-enzymatic browning of fruits and some vegetables.
- Inhibits oxidation and condensation of red pigment of most berries and sauce
- Sweets and namkeens
- Cashew, nuts, dates and snacks
- Bread, cookies, cakes, pastries
- Ready-to-eat food
- Dried fruits and vegetable
- Flour and grain items
- Coffee and tea
- Pet food & meat products
- Candies and confectioneries
- Processed, smoked and cured meats, cheeses and dairy products
- Spices and seasonings
- Fresh and precooked pasta and noodles
- Pharmaceuticals and vitamins
- Medical diagnostic kits and devices
- Artwork preservation
Enter your email to receive the MSDS