ProductsActivated AluminaChromatography Adsorbents
- Aluminium Oxide Chromatography
- Flash Chromatography
- Silica Gel Column Chromatography
- Thin Layer Chromatography
- Desiccant Canisters
- Desiccant Tablets
- Humidity Indicating Cards
- Moisture Adsorbing Activ-Films
- Pillow Pak
- Silica Gel Packets
- Tubes & Vials
- Unit Pak
Silica Gel Description
Silica Gel is an amorphous form of silicon dioxide, which is synthetically produced in the form of hard irregular granules (having the appearance of crystals) or hard irregular beads. A micro porous structure of interlocking cavities gives a very high surface area (800 square meters per gram). Silica gel is this type of structure, that makes silica gel a high capacity of moisture absorb desiccant. Water molecules adhere to the gels surface because silica exhibits a lower vapor pressure than the surrounding air. When equilibrium of equal pressure is reached, no more adsorption occurs. Thus the higher the humidity of the surrounding air, the greater the amount of water that is adsorbed before equilibrium is reached. Sorbead is an industry leader in providing bulk adsorbent products which are diverse and cost effective for various applications to various industries. Bulk adsorbents are used in industries and processes which require the adsorption and removal of moisture elements during processing & packaging.
Sorbead India manufacturers a wide range of silica gel desiccant, like blue silica gel & orange silica gel (indicating type) as well as white silica gel (non-indicating type) which can be used in different industries based on their adsorbent requirements. Our silica gel products are non-toxic, DMF free and organic type, which are not effective for food and pharmaceutical products packaging and have excellent reusable properties which make them very cost effective for long term use.
We provide the following Bulk Adsorbent products:
- Silica Gel White- (Non-Indicating Type Silica Gel) is a type, where most of the particles of silica gel are not impregnated with any Indicating Agents and when particles get free from moisture, it goes transparent white. In other words, white silica gel turns into milky or hazy white when it is out to use, because it catches moisture when exposed to environment.
- Silica Gel Blue- (Indicating Type Silica Gel) the most common use for cobalt chloride is in a type of desiccant named blue indicating silica gel. This product is in bead form & granular and will turn from blue to pink when fully absorbed for moisture. This is one of the most widely used indicating desiccant products and poses health risks and environmental issues. Recently being largely consumed transformer breathers.
- Silica Gel Orange- (Indicating Type Silica Gel) lassy beads which have color indicators to indicate the moisture adsorption level and turn orange to green in color as they take in moisture. Silica gel orange beads are heavy metal free, environmental-friendly humidity indicator for protection of goods and miscellaneous substances. Orange silica gel is an alumina-silicate gel in the form of hard spherical beads, with a very high resistance to crushing and a low attrition rate. Silica gel orange is a beaded silica gel with very high mechanical integrity. The degree of moisture uptake is indicated by a color change from orange to green, silica gel orange MSDS meets the demand for a heavy metal free and environmental friendly indicating agent.
- Silica Gel Packets- We are supplier of silica gel packets and bags with tyvek, non-woven and composite paper material packing in various sizes as per customer requirements.